Bhutan Jewels Tour (BT/GR/01)
06 Nights / 07 Days
Bhutan Jewels Tour (BT/GR/01)
06 Nights / 07 Days
|(BT / GR 01) BEST OF BHUTAN TOUR
| Day 01
MUMBAI – PARO – THIMPU
All the tour participants are requested to report 02 hrs prior to the journey at Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus to board flight no 9W- 339 at 03.00 AM Departure to Delhi arrival at Delhi 5.15 AM and Delhi to Paro KB221 at 12.15PM Departure to Paro arrival at Paro 15.05 PM Later Proceed to Overnight Stay Thimphu.
| Day 02
THIMPHU LOCAL SIGHTSEEING
Morning after breakfast proceed to visit National Memorial Chorten : The building of this landmark was envisaged by the third king, His Majesty Jigme Dorji Wangchuck, as a monument to world peace and prosperity. Completed in 1974 after his untimely death, it is both a memorial to the Late King (”the father of modern Bhutan “) and a monument to world peace. The paintings and statues inside the monument provide a deep insight into Buddhist philosophy. Later drive to Kuenselphodrang where world’s tallest Buddha Statue (169 feet) sits overlooking the Thimphu Valley. Enjoy the spectacular view of Thimphu city. After lunch Visit the zoo at Motithang to gaze upon Takin,the National animal of Bhutan. Later Zilukha Tashichho Dzong view point , Royal Textile Academy,Folk Heritage Museum & Craft bazaar. Evening free for shopping & Overnight stay at Thimpu.
| Day 03
THIMPHU – PUNAKHA (71 KMS – 3 HRS)
Morning after breakfast check out from hotel & drive to Punakha, Enroute visit Dochu-la pass : (3,088m/10,130ft) stopping briefly here to take in the view and admire the 108 chortens, mani wall, and prayer flags which decorate the highest point on the road. If skies are clear, the high Himalayan peaks towards the north east will be revealed in all their glory. On a clear day, the following peaks can be seen from this pass (left to right): Masagang (7,158m), Terigang (7,060m), Jejegangphugang (7,158m), Kangphugang (7,170m), Zongaphugang (7,060m) a table mountain that dominates the isolated region of Lunana, and finally, Gangkar Puensum, the highest peak in Bhutan at 7,497m. Later Visit Punakha Dzong, a massive structure built at the junction of two rivers. Punakha was Bhutan’s capital until 1955 and Punakha Dzong still serves as the winter residence of the central monk body. Bhutan’s first king, Ugyen Wangchuck, was crowned here in 1907. The fortress has withstood damage from fire, earthquake and flood over the centuries. The latest flood, in October, 1994, caused great damage to the fortress but miraculously spared its most holy statue. Later visit Pho Chhu Suspension Bridge – The 160 metres Pho Chhu Suspension Bridge is known for the longest suspension bridge in Bhutan, which gives you spectacular views of Punakha Dzong and the Pho Chhu Valley. Overnight stay at Punakha
| Day 04
PUNAKHA/WANGDUE-PARO (140KM/4 HOURS, )
Drive towards Paro. Visit to Ta Dzong, which in the past served as watchtower for Paro Dzong and now houses the National Museum. Paro Dzong (Rinpung Dzong) built in 1646 by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal. Evening free or can visit the Paro town with a street of typical Bhutanese traditional buildings. Overnight at your Hotel in Paro.
| Day 05
PARO TAKTSHANG HIKE(4-6 HOURS )
Hike to Taktshang Monastery, one of the holiest and the most beautiful sites of Bhutan. Taktshang, the tiger’s lair, acquires its name from the legend of its foundation, when in the 8th Century Guru Rinpoche, widely revered as the second Buddha, arrived from Tibet flying across the mountains on the back of a tigress. Visit Kyichu Lhakhang, built in the 7th century by the Tibetan king, Songtsen Gampo. Evening free or can visit the Paro town with a street of typical Bhutanese traditional buildings. Overnight at Hotel
| Day 06
CHELELA PASS EXCURSION (66 KM)
Drive to Chelela Pass the Kingdom’s highest Motor able pass (3988m). Enjoy the spectacular view of the Paro and Haa valleys on either side of the pass. En route enjoy the beauty of nature with different vegetation as you climb up the mountain. Bird lovers especially will love this trip. After lunch, drive up the valley to view the ruins of the Drugyel Dzong, which once defended this valley from several invading Tibetan armies during the 17th century. Visit Kyichu Lhakhang, built in the 7th century by the Tibetan king, Songtsen Gampo.Evening free or can visit the Paro town with a street of typical Bhutanese traditional buildings. Overnight at your Hotel in Paro.
| Day 07
Morning after breakfast check out from hotel & proceed to Paro Airport . board flight no KB 220 at 7.15.AM Departure to Kolkatta arrival at Kolkatta 8.15 AM and Kolkatta to Mumbai at 16.00PM Departure to Mumbai arrival at Mumbai 18.55 PM
|02 Nights Thimphu
||AMODHARA HOTEL / PEACE FULL RESORT
|01 Night Wangdi / Punakha
||DRUBCHHU RESORT / MERY PUNSING
|02 Nights Paro
||METTA RESORT/ TENZINLING RESORT
|Per Person (Twin Sharing)
|Extra Person (Same Room Sharing )
|Child (3-8 yrs) (in same room without mattress)
|APRIL 2018 : 16,24
MAY 2018 : 07,14
Package Cost Inclusions :-
Package Cost Exclusions :-
- Cost for supplementary service, optional Tours, Up-gradation Charges, Sightseeing entrance fees.
- Cost for Insurance Premiums, Rafting Charges.
- Cost for service provided on a personal request.
- Cost for personal expenses such as laundry, bottled water, soft drinks, incidentals, porter charges, tips etc.
- Cost for any other service not mentioned under the “Cost Includes” head.
Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities like – landslides, road blockage, etc. In such case extra will have to be paid on the spot by the guest directly
Entry Fees Per Head
Motithang zoo: Rs.100 per pax
Royal Textiles Academy: Rs. 50 per pax
Folk Heritage Museum: Rs. 50 per pax
National Museum Paro: Rs.25 per pax
CHILD POLICY (for Deluxe Hotels in Bhutan)
- Children above 10+ years will be charged 100% as per EPSR
- Children of 5+ to 10 sharing parent’s room with bed / rollaway or mattress will be charged as per CWB
- Children of 5+ to 10 sharing parent’s room without bed / rollaway or mattress will be charged as per CNB
- Children below 5 years Complimentary without bed (Sharing the parents room)
- (Hotels are very strict with the child policy. Please carry the age proof so that it can be produced when asked for.
General Note on Bhutan Operations –
- MANDATORY WHILE TRAVELLING TO BHUTAN FOR INDIAN PASSPORT HOLDER: A) Personal presence. B) 04 Recent Colour Photograph (as a stand by precaution for all travellers including child). C) Original Indian Passport OR Election Identity card ONLY for all passengers travelling to Bhutan. D) For minor – School / College identity card along with original Birth Certificate. They must be accompanied by their parents with Election ID card / Valid Indian Passport. (Bona-fide letter from School or College are not valid documents for Bhutan Entry for minors. E) Indian national if flying to/from Bhutan, to/from to any second country require six month valid passport only.
- OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) & PIO (Person of Indian Origin) passport are not considered as valid document in Bhutan, as Indian Citizen proof. All NRI, OCI & PIO passport holder will be considered foreign nationals & will have to in USD RATE as fixed by the Bhutan Government. All foreign nationals’ tourists must obtain a visa clearance prior to travel to Bhutan. Foreign nationals are required to send the photo-page of their passport to us & we will apply for their visa. For your kind information the visa will be processed by the TCB (Tourism Council of Bhutan) once the full payment for the holiday (including USD $40 visa fee) has been wire transferred and received by the TCB. At the point of entry foreign nationals will have to show their visa clearance letter, for the visa to be stamped into their passport.
- In case guest are travelling to area other than Thimphu, Paro & Phuntsholing, a special (Pink) permit is required which is issued on the basis of the permit made at Phuntsholing / Paro. This special (Pink) permit is issued from Thimphu on a working day, from Monday to Friday. Travel consultant & Travellers, who are planning a Bhutan tour must avoid reaching Thimphu on Friday, Saturday & Government holiday (which should not proceed Friday or following Sunday). (Link given below above the signature). Travellers are also advised to make photo copy for the paper permit issued at Paro or Phuntsholing and keep it in safe custody as you will not be allowed to leave the country without surrendering this paper permit in original)
- Transfer from New Jalpaiguri Railways Station (NJP)/ Bagdogra Airport (IXB) to Phuentsholing & back by 03 Luxury Vehicle (Scorpio/Xylo) without a Guide (NOT AT DISPOSAL).
- Concept of vehicle on disposal is not a practice in Bhutan. The vehicle + guide will be with the guest from (0900 Hrs till 1700 Hrs).
- In case the guest wants the vehicle after 1700 Hrs there will be additional charge of INR 500 per hr per vehicle (03-07 pax)
- In case the guest wants, the Guide’s service after 1700 Hrs there will be additional charge of INR 200 per hour.
- For suitable operational conditions, at the time of actual travelling, the itinerary could be, altered & changed or removed, without assigning any reasons. All such right are reserved with the operating company
- Bhutan is a hilly area & change is weather is a regular feature. It is advisable that light layer clothing should be carried always. In winters it is advisable to carry heavy woolens.
- MONEY – Bhutan’s currency is the Ngultrum (Nu.) It is at par with the Indian rupee which is accepted as legal tender in the country. Note: INR (Indian Rupees) denominations of 500 and 1000 are not accepted in Bhutan.
- ATM & CREDIT CARD – ATMs are located within all main towns throughout Bhutan, where money can be withdrawn using a Visa or MasterCard. For concerned travelers a list of ATM locations throughout Bhutan. Weblink : http://www.bob.bt/contact-us/atm-locator/
In addition, POS (Point of Sale) services are available nationwide, meaning visitors can pay by credit card at most hotels and handicrafts stores but it is limited to few hotels & Stores.
- BANKING & TRAVELLERS CHEQUE – Financial institutions in Bhutan have been greatly enhanced and today we have a number of banks that cater to the needs of the people. Some of the banks that you can avail of while in Bhutan are the Bank of Bhutan Limited, the Bhutan National Bank, the Druk PNB and the Tashi Bank. Traveler’s cheque can be easily withdrawn and exchanged for local currency. Many of these banks provide internet banking facilities.
- ELECTRICITY & PLUG POINT OUTLETS – All major towns are well connected with electricity that runs on 220/240 volts with round hole two-pin and three-pin power outlets. It is recommended that you bring flat-to-round pin converters for your electronics if necessary, however, most hotels offer multi plug sockets. Bhutan is a carbon neutral destination. Our energy is clean and green generated by hydro power.
- COMMUNICATIONS – The country has a good network of telecommunication facilities. Most hotels and cafe’s offer Wi-Fi internet access. Bhutan has a comprehensive mobile (cell) phone network (Bhutan Mobile, Tashi Cell) with global roaming also assessable. Indian telecom service provider like BSNL, Airtel & Vadaphone have good roaming network in Bhutan. Tourist can easily get Tourist Sim by providing photo id proof i.e Valid Pasport or Election Id along with 02 Photograph from local service provider Bhutan Mobile or Tashi Cell from Monday to Saturday. (Sunday the office are closed)
Important monuments & Sightseeing timing.
- Opening Hours – Tuesday to Saturday – 0900HRS TO 1600HRS & Closed On Sunday, Monday & National Holidays (National Museum)
- Ta Dzong (National Museum): Paro
- School of Arts & Crafts : Thimphu
Opening Hours : Monday – Friday : 2 p.m – 4 p.m & Saturday : 9 a.m to 12 a.m
Closed on Sundays, National Holidays and winter Holidays (20 December – 10 March)
- National Library : Thimphu
Opening Hours : Monday – Friday : 9 a.m – 5 p.m (summer) & 9 a.m – 4 p.m
- (Winter) Closed on Saturdays, Sundays & National Holidays.
- National Textile Museum : Thimphu
Opening Hours : Tuesday – Friday : 9 a.m – 4 p.m, Saturday : 1 p.m – 4 p.m,
- Sunday: 10 a.m – 3 p.m. Closed on Mondays & National Holidays.
- Trashichhodzong: Thimphu
- Visit to Trashichhodzong permitted only after office hours (after 4 p.m till 5 p.m.)
The Punakha Dzong: Which is closed in winter months when the monk body is in Punakha. All visit to Dzong and Monasteries limited till courtyard only
Terms & Conditions:
- At the time of the booking every person will have to pay 50% amount in advance, and the remaining payment should be made 20 days before the departure date of the tour, And if the booking is made 20 days before tour departure full payment shall be made in
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque or demand draft, Drawn / Payable in Mumbai an account of “VIGNESHWAR “
- Air Tickets Issued for this tour are Non Refundable .
- Sightseeing and Traveling by 2×2 Luxury Coach (in case there are less tourists, then the sightseeing and traveling can be arranged by Sumo, Tempo Traveler, Minibus) hotel stay on twin sharing basis or family basis, meal (breakfast, lunch, Dinner)
- Seating arrangement in Bus / Coach are allocation rotation daily
- Travel arrangement to and from the airport to hotel is at customers own cost for other than certain destinations specially mentioned in our
- There are preset menus for meal provided on tour. In Train /Air we do not provide the f We however reserve the right to change the meal arrangements if circumstances make it necessary for us to do so. In the event of the tour participant missing any meal due to any reason, then no claim can be made for the meal he has missed and not utilized.
- The company reserves the right to alter, postpone or cancel any of the tour advertised in the brochure, without assigning any reason. whatsoever. Under circumstances of cancellation of any tour by the company, money paid by the tour participant will be fully refunded, but no compensation is payable.
- The organizer or tour manager has sole authority to make changes in the progr
- In most Hotels extra Bed provided constitutes the mattress with bed sheet, blanket and pillow.
- If the tour participant misbehaves in a manner causing inconvenience or annoyance to other tour participants or causes damage to the property of the company he / she will be asked to leave the tour immediately and the tour escorts have been authorized to do so. There will not be any compensation whatsoever in such
- Cancellation Policy:-
* 60 days before the tour departure 15% deduction from the tour cost.
* 59 to 51 days before the tour departure 30% deduction from the tour cost.
* 50 to 31 days before the tour departure 40% deduction from the tour cost.
* 30 to 11 days before the tour departure 50% deduction from the tour cost.
* 10 days before the tour departure no refund
- 10 days before the tour departure no refund
- The tour organization in no circumstanced be liable for:-
- Company reserves the right to publish the passengers photograph or group photograph without intimation or permission of the same passenger or group.
- There can be in increase in the tour cost in case of hike in diesel or petrol
- The passenger is liable to pay the service tax 09% on the tour cost.
- Any disputes arising in respect of the tour shall be subject to Mumbai Jurisdiction
- It is understood that tour participants traveling with Vigneshwar Holidays have read and accepted the above terms.